DCSIMG

Fire rips through house

The scene of a fire caused by an electrical fault at an end-terrace house, Ullswater Road, Golborne

The scene of a fire caused by an electrical fault at an end-terrace house, Ullswater Road, Golborne

A WOMAN was lucky to escape without serious injury after an electrical fault triggered a blaze which destroyed a bedroom.

Firefighters spent three hours tackling the inferno which tore through the upper floor of a terraced house in Golborne at around 10.30pm on Monday.

Crews from Leigh and Hindley in breathing apparatus tackled the flames which destroyed a bedroom and left much of the property on Ullswater Road heavily smoke-logged.

The firefighters initially feared the occupant was trapped inside the house, but then discovered she had earlier escaped and was at a neighbour’s house. She was given oxygen before paramedics took her to hospital for treatments for smoke inhalation although she was not thought to be seriously harmed.

Leigh watch manager Mick Callan said: “There’s nothing left of the bedroom at all: even the plaster on the walls was completely burnt out.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news